Terms & Conditions
The Fixed Price Appliance Repair Fee includes:-
- Repair of Domestic Appliances only;
- VAT and covers you against the cost of the Service Engineer's call out and evaluation;
- Parts (where required) up to the value of £250;
- Full testing and a professional safety check;
- A repair to resolve the fault entered in the "Description of Fault" box on your original quotation form.
The Fixed Price Appliance Repair Fee DOES NOT include:-
- Consumer Electronics including but not limited to: televisions, cameras, DVD & Blu Ray and Home Entertainment;
- Commercial appliances or domestic appliances installed in commercial premises;
- Appliances situated in caravans or on boats;
- Food loss or spoilage;
- Repairs as a result of misuse, negligence or poor installation;
- Repairs as a result of appliances being affected by flood damage or infestation;
- Repairs to appliances which have not been installed in accordance with the manufacturers' recommendations;
- Appliances which differ from the details used to obtain the quote, including the age of the appliance;
- Appliances over 8 years old and the parts are found to be obsolete;
- Refrigeration products such as fridges, freezers, air conditioning units, dehumidifiers and certain tumble dryers that require refrigerant gas to operate correctly. If your appliance requires refrigerant system work we can only undertake this work where the gas type is R600a. We cannot carry out refrigerant system work on any other gas type. Please review the rating plate of your product to determine the gas type.
If our Engineer visits and finds that your repair falls into any of the above categories we will cancel the repair and arrange to refund you the Fixed Price Fee paid less a call out / administration charge of £30.
Your Fixed Price Repair Appointment
- On completion of your quotation and acceptance of our terms and conditions your credit card will be charged at the agreed fee the next working day.
- You will receive an email or postal booking confirmation and invoice. This will contain your job number and the date the Engineer has been booked to visit.
- Our approved Service Engineer will call out on the agreed date and carry out the repair to your appliance. If any part(s) are required the Service Engineer will usually order the part(s) within 1 working day of the call out.
- If the part(s) required are in stock they will be delivered to the Engineer within 2 working days of the order being placed.
- If the part(s) are not in stock we will arrange to obtain the part(s) from our suppliers and will keep you informed of progress (normally via phone). As soon as the part(s) are available our Service Engineer will contact you to arrange a new appointment date to complete the repair.
- It should be noted that unfortunately there are a handful of manufacturers whose parts are not easily sourced and in some cases these have to be obtained from abroad which will result in a delay in completing the repair.
- All repairs will require full and easy access to the appliance (e.g. able to be moved from under a work surface without damaging the surrounding facia). If your appliance cannot be easily accessed to facilitate the repair we reserve the right to abort the repair. In such instances we will refund you the original Fixed Price Fee less a call out / administration charge of £30.
- Parking that gives reasonable access to your property must be provided for the Engineer. If the parking is pay and display or permit controlled, it is your responsibility to arrange for the Engineer to park free of charge for the duration of his visit.
Changing or Cancelling Your Appointment
- You may change or cancel your appointment date at any time up to 16:00 on the day before the original call out date. If you wish to change or cancel your appointment please call our Customer Services Department on 0121 789 9991. In this case you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel the Fixed Price Repair at any time after 16:00 on the day before the agreed appointment date we will refund you the original Fixed Price Fee paid less a call out / administration charge of £30.
- If our approved Service Engineer cannot gain access to the appliance on the agreed appointment date you will be charged a call out / adminstration fee of £30 with the balance of the fee paid refunded to you.
- If we or our approved Service Engineer has to change or cancel your selected appointment date and any alternative date offered is unacceptable to you we will give you a full refund of the Fixed Price Repair Fee paid.
- If you wish to cancel whilst your repair is in progress, for example, the Engineer has visited once but will need to return to complete the repair, we will refund you the original Fixed Price Fee paid less a call out / administration charge of £30, provided no parts have been fitted. If parts have been fitted, you will not be eligible for a refund.
If We Cannot Repair Your Appliance
- Your right to cancel may be exercised in writing or in another durable medium by contacting us. For ways to contact us please see the Contact Us page.
- In a few instances the required part(s) may not be readily available from our suppliers and may have extended lead times where they require sourcing from abroad.
- If after a period of 6 weeks, beginning from the first call out, the required part(s) is / are still outstanding and the appliance is inoperable either party has the right to cancel the Fixed Price Repair. In this case you will be entitled to receive a full refund of the original fee paid. This can be arranged by calling our Customer Services Department on 0121 789 9991.
- If it is found that your appliance doesn't contain R600a gas and the engineer is required to work on the gas system, we will be unable to complete the repair. In this instance we will refund you the original Fixed Price Fee paid less a call out / administration charge of £30.
- We reserve the right to cancel a Fixed Price Repair if on evaluation or during the repair:
- We estimate that the cost of parts required is greater than £250.
- If the appliance is less than 8 years old and parts are found to be obsolete.
- If the Service Engineer deems the appliance un-repairable.
In these instances you will be entitled to receive a full refund of the original fee paid.
- The Fixed Price Repair is guaranteed to cover the initial fault for 90 days from the date the repair is completed. The guarantee only covers parts already replaced and excludes any accidental damage or customer miss-use.
- If your appliance fails with the same fault as detailed in your initial repair, we will arrange to send the original service provider back to you at a mutually convenient time at no extra cost. In the event of the fault re-occurring during the guarantee period please call our Customer Services Department on 0121 789 9991.
- RRC cannot accept any responsibility for spares availability; if the unit fails within our warranty period and the parts required are no longer available we will not be able to refund any previous repair costs.
- If we have arranged for an Engineer to re-visit but you subsequently wish to cancel you may do so up to 16:00 on the day before the agreed call out date. If you wish to cancel after this time or during the repair, you will be charged a call out / administration fee of £30, which will be charged to the original card. Calls made directly to the Engineer to request a re-visit are not covered under this guarantee.
- This guarantee does not cover any subsequent unrelated breakdown/fault(s) to the appliance. If you request an Engineer re-visit and an alternative fault is found and you wish to continue with the repair, you will be given the option to purchase an additional repair at the original rate.
- The guarantee becomes invalid if the appliance is not used in accordance with manufacturer guidelines, moved within the property or to a new address.
Consumer Electronics: Laptop/PC, Camcorder, Digital Still Cameras, HDD/DVD Recorder devices
- Collection / Inspection Fee- £60 - This fee is an upfront payment. Whether the unit is inspected on site or brought into the workshop is left to the discretion of the Engineer, however, smaller items such as laptops, DVD players, hifi's etc. are almost always brought into the workshop due to the nature of the testing requirements. If the unit can be repaired you will receive an estimate consisting of the relevant labour charge (See item specifics) and part charge (where applicable) plus VAT. If the estimate is accepted the £30 inspection part of the fee is deducted from the overall repair cost. This Fee does not include repairs, nor do we carry spares in stock for chargeable repairs. We may photograph the relevant unit and confirm the fault leaving your appliance on site (relevant mostly with TV's). You are paying for an expert Engineer's opinion and as such the time spent in the home is not relevant to the inspection fee charged it is a fixed flat rate. RRC do not re-fund on call out and inspection fee's based on perception of the assessment time in house.
- Please ensure that you read and fully understand our Terms and Conditions before you bring or send your product in for repair; by booking your product in for repair you are agreeing to be bound by these terms.
- We accept no responsibility in relation to the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such data stored on the above devises. It is your responsibility to ensure that such data is removed from the product prior to you sending it to us for inspection.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your data is backed up prior to sending / bringing your unit to us; we recommend you back up your data before booking your unit in for repair. If you are unable to do so we accept no liability for the Data.
- Condition - RRC recommend your item is in a clean state so the condition is transparent at point of booking. RRC wil log the unit's condition. A breakdown of condition terms are listed on a seperate document. These are also listed on the worksheets in the field and on the counter in reception; all units are protected in our care and photographed through various stages. Impact damage to screen is not always visible when the unit is turned off or doesnt power on due to part failure; in this instance screen damage will be logged in the workshop if found once assessed by our engineers. RRC will not accept condition queries that match the initial log, signed for at booking or collection after this point. Any condition queries will not be validated once the unit has left the premises. Or after the booking has been accepted/delivered and signed for.
- Accessories - It is the customers responsibility to check RRC have documented all the relevant accessories including but not limited to, stands, wall brackets, power leads, batteries, chargers, remotes etc. Any accessory queries will not be validated once the unit has left the premises. Or after the bokking has been accepted/delivered and signed for.
- Fault- Please make sure the fault details are accurate and detailed to enable the engineer to locate the problem you are experiencing, even when given via a third party (registered via manufacturer or insurance) please ensure they are detailed and correct.
- Customers Details - It is the customer's responsibility to check the job sheet paperwork and verify the information we have is correct, Name, Address, Contact Number, Email account etc. Upon Booking and collecting a unit from our premises it is the customer's responsibility to confirm the item they have is correct and the condition and accessories are accurate. Any condition or accessory queries will not be validated once the unit has left the premises. Or after the booking has been accepted and signed for.
- Warranty/Insurance - Where applicable the unit will be repaired under the terms of the manufacturers / insurance company's guarantee. You must provide either the proof of purchase or the insurance documents to validate the claim. If the terms of the warranty/Insurance are void at any point the unit reverts to a chargeable repair and is subject to our standard charges. Please note some terms of warranty/Insurance does not cover all areas within the unit such as No Fault Found, Software Updates, user error etc. No Damages under Warranty.Certain types of damage under insurance is concerned as such you may be subject to charges. It is your responsibility to confirm the terms and conditions within your warranty or Insurance. If you book a repair as a warranty or insurance status and cannot validate the cover of the item or the terms and conditions have been broken for example Damage if under a 12 month warranty RRC will revert the status to a chargable repair and the standard charges apply with immediate effect. Failure to cover these charges will result in the unit being retained to recover our cost or legal proceedings via the UK legal system.
- No Fault Found - If the unit is deemed No Fault Found we will refund you the original Fixed Price Fee less a call out / administration charge of £30. However if the unit is re-assessed within a 3 month period the call out / administration fee is not re-charged. If we call out twice as No Fault Found or user error the call out / administration fee of £30 will be re-charged.
- Wall Mounted items - RRC can remove units from the wall where applicable and at the Engineer's discretion. If the unit is above head height it will need to be removed and made accessible prior to arrival. RRC can re-wall mount if removed upon arrival but this is a basic wall mount and specific or additional installation set up requests will be on a chargeable basis only.
- Domestic Appliances - Please be advised the person attending your home is an engineer. Not a kitchen fitter or installer. The unit should be removed and accessible for the engineer to access at all times. If you require the engineer to remove the unit to gain access, where possible we will assist as best we can. Whilst we will take every necessary precaution to do so safely and carefully we cannot accept responsibility or Liability for the unit or the surrounding areas.
- Disposal - RRC will automatically dispose of your unit under the following condition. Sent in for repair and unable to gain contact for inspection fee. 30 days from receipt. No proceed/rejection of estimate or collection of unit. Repaired or unrepaired. 30 days from estimate sent date. 30 days from ready to collect / awaiting delivery date. 30 days after reverting from warranty / insurance status to a chargeable status without relevant charges being settled.
GOOD CONDITION: No marks on the unit, no scratches, no cleaning marks.
MARKED: The unit has marks on it, cleaning marks, difference in colours on cabinets etc.
LIGHT SCRATCHES: The unit has minimal light scratches on the cabinets or screen; these should be light and infrequent.
SCRATCHED: Several scratches all over the unit, noticeable and clear to the eye (Please bear in mind some finishes are reflective and you may need to move the angle to see scratches in these cases).
DAMAGED: This covers cracked and/or chipped and /or dented cabinets; cracked chipped and / or dented screens. Damaged flaps and missing parts. (Please provide full details)